The weekend is poised to bring Toronto a mix of rain and sun, but one constant is promised: there are a number of road closures to be aware of over the next few days.
This weekend, Toronto’s ActiveTO programming will cause three sections of roadway throughout the city to close.
Here’s what you need to plan ahead for:
From Saturday, August 29 at 6 am to August 30 at 11 pm, these are all of the roads that will be closed:
- Lake Shore Boulevard West (eastbound lanes only) from Windermere Avenue to Stadium Road. As a result, the eastbound Gardiner Expressway off-ramp to Lake Shore Boulevard West (exit #146) will also be closed.
- Lake Shore Boulevard East (eastbound lanes only) from Leslie Street to just south of Woodbine Avenue (Kew Beach Avenue)
- Bayview Avenue from Front Street East to Rosedale Valley Road, and River Street from Gerrard Street East to Bayview Avenue
Parts of major roads in Toronto will be open for people to be active this weekend, Sat. at 6am until Sun. at 11pm:
– Lake Shore Blvd. W. (Windermere to Stadium)
– Lake Shore Blvd. E. (Leslie to Woodbine)
– Bayview Ave (Front St E to Rosedale Valley) https://t.co/Y4n2zeb5yY pic.twitter.com/jCMmlyPnKm
— City of Toronto (@cityoftoronto) August 27, 2020
According to the City, the ActiveTO road closures will be in place every weekend up to and including September 27. And, those planning to stay local for the Labour Day weekend should note that ActiveTO closures will be extended to 11 pm on the holiday Monday, September 7, as well.