As residents gear up for a beautiful weekend in Toronto, there are a number of road closures that they need to prepare for.
This weekend, Toronto’s ActiveTO programming will cause three sections of roadway throughout the city to close.
Here’s what you need to plan ahead for:
From Saturday, August 22 at 6 am to August 23 at 11 pm, these are all of the roads that will be closed:
- Lake Shore Boulevard West (eastbound lanes only) from Windermere Avenue to Stadium Road. As a result, the eastbound Gardiner Expressway off-ramp to Lake Shore Boulevard West (exit #146) will also be closed.
- Lake Shore Boulevard East (eastbound lanes only) from Leslie Street to just south of Woodbine Avenue (Kew Beach Avenue)
- Bayview Avenue from Front Street East to Rosedale Valley Road, and River Street from Gerrard Street East to Bayview Avenue
Parts of major roads in Toronto will be closed for people to be active this weekend, Sat. at 6am until Sun. at 11pm:
– Lake Shore Blvd. W. (Windermere to Stadium)
– Lake Shore Blvd. E. (Leslie to Woodbine)
– Bayview Ave (Front St E to Rosedale Valley) https://t.co/Y4n2zeb5yY pic.twitter.com/HaGKbOZfzL
— City of Toronto (@cityoftoronto) August 21, 2020
According to the City, the ActiveTO road closures will be in place every weekend until the end of September.