As the weather gets warmer, the more road closures you can expect in Toronto.
On top of the usual suspects, there are two new closures to be aware of this weekend. On Sunday, parts of Spadina, Bremner, Wellington and Clarence Sq. will be shut down for a St. Patrick’s Day race. Meanwhile, Yonge St. from Hillcrest to Empress Ave. will be shut down for construction every night this weekend.
To make matters worse, a good chunk of Line 1 is closed this weekend too, making it even more challenging for those trying to get around the city. Fortunately, not only are the streetcars running smoothly, but a few routes are also offering free fare in honour of the Irish holiday!
Read on for all the weekend road closures.
Sporting Event Closures
Effective: Friday and Saturday from 9:30 p.m. to 10: 30 p.m.
- Bremner Blvd. closed from Lower Simcoe St. to Lake Shore Blvd. W.
- York St. closed from Front St. W. to Lake Shore Blvd. W.
Six Points Construction
Effective: Sunday, Feb. 24 from 12 a.m. to Saturday, Aug. 31 at 11:59 p.m.
- Bloor St. W. closed from Kipling Ave. to Dunbloor Rd.
- Dundas E. Kipling S. Ramp closed
- Dundas E. St. Albans Ramp closed
- Dundas St. W. closed from Jopling Ave. S. to Dunbloor Rd.
- Kipling N. Bloor E. Ramp closed
- Kipling N. Dundas E. Ramp closed
- Kipling N. Dundas W. Ramp closed
- Kipling N. St. Albans Ramp closed
- Kipling S. Dundas E. Ramp closed
- St. Albans Bloor E. Ramp closed
- St. Albans Kipling N. Ramp closed
Crescent Rd. Watermain Installation
Effective: Thursday, Jan. 31 from 5:30 p.m. to Saturday, Jun. 8 at 11:59 p.m.
- Crescent Rd. closed from Cluny Dr. to Mount Pleasant Rd.
York St. Closure
Effective: Friday, Jan. 4 at 7 a.m. to Thursday, Apr. 30, 2020 at 11 p.m.
- York St. closed from Bremner Blvd. to Lake Shore Blvd. W.
Swift Dr. Closure
Effective: Friday, Feb. 22 at 7 a.m. to Friday, Apr. 5 at 11 p.m.
- Swift Dr. closed from Eglington Ave. E. to Eccleston Dr.
Yonge St. Closure
Effective: Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Mar. 15-17) from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Yonge St. closed from Hillcrest Ave. to Empress Ave.
Achilles St. Patrick’s Day 5K Race
Effective: Sunday, Mar. 17 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Bremner Blvd. closed westbound from Lower Simcoe St. to Spadina Ave.
- Clarence Sq. lane closed from Spadina Ave. to Wellington St.
- Spadina Ave. lane closed northbound from Bremner Blvd. to Clarence Sq.
- Wellington St. W. lane closed from Clarence Sq. to Yonge St.