While the weekend ahead is poised to bring Toronto sunshine and cooler temps, one promise remains consistent: there are a number of road closures to be aware of over the next few days.
This weekend, Toronto’s ActiveTO programming will cause two sections of roadway throughout the city to close.
From September 19 at 6 am until September 20 at 11 pm, the following three major road closures will be in place:
- Lake Shore Boulevard West (eastbound lanes only) from Windermere Avenue to Stadium Road
- Lake Shore Boulevard East (eastbound lanes only) from Leslie Street to just south of Woodbine Avenue (Kew Beach Avenue)
- Bayview Avenue from Front Street East to Rosedale Valley Road, and River Street from Gerrard Street East to Bayview Avenue
Parts of major roads in Toronto are closed to vehicles this weekend. Parts of Lake Shore Blvd. West, East and Bayview Ave from Sat., Sept. 19 at 6am until Sun., Sept. 20 at 11pm. On Sunday from 8am-3pm, Yonge St from Dundas St to Queen’s Quay. More https://t.co/Y4n2zeb5yY pic.twitter.com/3d205Reoq2
— City of Toronto (@cityoftoronto) September 18, 2020
And for the last two Sundays of the month, a large section of Yonge Street will be closed, too.
On Sunday, September 20 and September 27 from 10 am to 2 pm the following Open Streets closures will be in place:
- Yonge Street from Dundas Street to The Esplanade (northbound and southbound lanes)
- Yonge Street from The Esplanade to Queens Quay (northbound lanes only)
Whatever you get up to this weekend, make sure to enjoy the sunshine, because, if one thing’s for certain in Toronto, fall will be in full swing soon.