Whether you’re planning a household-only Christmas dinner and need a last-minute item, or you need to pick up a last minute gift to leave on your neighbour’s doorstep, there are plenty of reasons you might need to know what’s open and closed over the next couple days.
Some places will be open on Christmas Eve only, others on Boxing Day only, and some will have varied hours across December 24, 25, and 26.
As per usual, government offices — including Canada Post locations — will be closed on Christmas day.
For any errands you’re running or activities you’re participating in over the holidays, remember your face mask or covering. If you’re planning on spending time outside, be sure to physically distance yourself from everyone around you that’s outside of your social circle.
Frequent hand washing and sanitization is also recommended by public health.
What’s open this holiday season in Toronto:
- The TTC is running on its Sunday schedule on Christmas day, and its holiday schedule on December 26
- GO Transit is running on its Sunday schedule on Christmas day, and its Saturday schedule on December 26
- Toronto Island ferry is running on its Sunday schedule but, keep in mind, service is operating at half capacity due to COVID-19.
- Ontario Place: Screening outdoor movies at 4:30 pm and 8 pm on December 24 and 25
Malls (curbside pickup only)
- Eaton Centre: Christmas Eve – 11 am to 6 pm; Boxing Day – 8 am to 8 pm
- Fairview Mall: Christmas Eve – 11 am to 6 pm; Boxing Day – 11 am to 7 pm
- Sherway Gardens: Christmas Eve – 11 am to 6 pm; Boxing Day – 11 am to 7 pm
- Scarborough Town Centre: Christmas Eve – 9 am to 6 pm; Boxing Day – 8 am to 8 pm
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre: Christmas Eve – 9 am to 6 pm; Boxing Day – 8 am to 8 pm
- Toronto Premium Outlets: Christmas Eve – 10 am to 5 pm; Boxing Day – 6 am to 10 pm
Grocery stores (holiday Monday hours)
- Fresh & Wild (2294 Bloor Street West): Christmas Eve – 9 am to 6 pm
- Fresh & Wild (69 Spadina Avenue): Christmas Eve – 9 am to 6 pm
- Loblaws: Hours vary by location
- Metro (444 Yonge Street): 7 am to 10 pm
- Pusateri’s (57 Yorkville Avenue): 8 am to 6 pm
- Pusateri’s Avenue Road (1539 Avenue Road): 7 am to 6 pm
- Rabba: 24 hours
- The Food Depot (115 Dupont Street): 24 hours
- The Kitchen Table Queens Quay (10 Queens Quay West): 6 am to 12 am
- The Kitchen Table Spadina (389 Spadina Road): 7 am to 12 am
- T&T (1 Promenade Circle): 9 am to 10 pm
- T&T (715 Central Parkway West): 9 am to 11 pm
- T&T (9625 Yonge Street): 9 am to 11 pm
- T&T (8339 Kennedy Road): 9 am to 11 pm
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Road): Christmas Eve – 7 am to 7 pm; Boxing Day – 10 am to 6 pm
All LCBO stores will be closed on December 25, 26, and January 1. Locations will be open on December 24, Boxing Day, with varied hours.
The Beer Store
Beer Store locations will close at 6 pm on Christmas Eve, December 24. Select stores will be open from 11 am to 5 pm on Boxing Day, December 26.