The 69th annual CNE Air Show soars over Lake Ontario this Labour Day weekend for another death-defying performance.
This year, the show will be bookended by two of North America’s best aerial acrobatic jet teams.
The United States Air Force Thunderbirds open the show, while the Canadian Forces Snowbirds will bring the performance to its dramatic finale.
The United States Air Force Thunderbirds — featuring six pilots in their signature F16s — return to the CNE for the first time in 15 years.
This will be their only performance outside of the U.S.A. in 2018.
Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the show is an example of a 60-year-old history of American and Canadian cooperation.
- Canadian Forces Snowbirds
- United States Air Force Thunderbirds
- CF18 demonstration jet decked out in its NORAD paint job
- USAF F-35 (heritage flight)
- P51 Mustang (heritage flight)
- The ever-popular Mike Wiskus in his bright orange Pitts
- Canadian veteran Gord Price in the Russian-built Yak 50
- Mike Tygvasson (Giles 202)
- Kyle Fowler (Long EZE)
- Martin Hivon (Christian Eagle)
When The Show Takes Place:
- Saturday, Sunday, and Monday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Where To Watch The Show With A CNE Admission Ticket:
The best spots to view the show are found throughout the CNE grounds. There are also several VIP-viewing options, which require an additional ticket