What’s open and closed August Long Weekend in Toronto?
Well, first, August long … or Civic Day Long Weekend go by different names in other provinces and even in different cities in Ontario. In Toronto, the day is known as Simcoe Day. Since Monday is a civic holiday, most stores and malls will be open.
If you plan on exploring the city this long weekend, the TTC is extending its weekend day-pass, allowing individuals or groups to have unlimited travel for $12.50. The pass can be purchased between this Saturday and Simcoe Day on Monday. Children under 12 ride for free.
Places That Are Closed
- Government offices
- Post offices and mail delivery
- All Toronto Public Library branches
Places That Are Open
As the August long weekend is not a national holiday, many grocery stores will resume their regular hours of operation. Make sure to call your local grocer ahead of time to double check their schedule.
- Select Beer Store locations will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Click here for a list.
- Several LCBO stores will be open. Click here to search your store.
- Select grocery stores, call ahead for your local store hour.
- Bramalea City Centre (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Dufferin Mall (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Eaton Centre (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Fairview Mall (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Pacific Mall (11 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Toronto Premium Outlets (10 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Square One (10 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Promenade (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Upper Canada Mall (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Vaughan Mills Mall (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Hillcrest Mall (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Scarborough Town Centre (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Sherway Gardens (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
Fun And Entertainment
- Aga Khan Museum (77 Wynford Dr.) – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Canada’s Wonderland (1 Canada’s Wonderland Dr.) – 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- CN Tower (301 Front St. W.) – 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Gardiner Museum (111 Queens Park) – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. *Free Admission
- Hockey Hall of Fame (30 Yonge St.) – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Movie theatres
- Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Rd.) – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada (288 Bremner Blvd.) – 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queens Park) – 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Rd.) – 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Transit And Traffic
The TTC will operate on a holiday schedule.